65th Infantry Census Form


Click on the link above to download the form.
You will need free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open the document.

We have a list of living and deceased 65th Inf. vets that we have maintained since 1999.  All living veterans in our list receive by mail a free newsletter which we publish twice a year (in May and November) which contains articles and other information related to the 65th Infantry.  This newsletter is also provided free of charge in PDF format on our website at https://borinqueneers.com/news-press/printed-newsletters/.  We publish an electronic newsletter which you may subscribe to on that same page.

We have a limited supply of Borinqueneer Congressional Gold Medal replicas which we are happy to award to either living 65th Infantry veterans or to families of deceased veterans who register with us and can provide proof of 65th Infantry service.  In some cases, we can provide proof of service from a Master List we have compiled but you would still need to register and provide some identification documentation.

Please fill out the Census Form listing your 65th Infantry service with a copy of your DD214 Discharge Document that lists your service with the 65th or provide any other proof of 65th service, such as documents (citations, etc.) or photos where you are wearing the 65th insignia.  If you are a family member of a deceased 65th Infantry veteran, we encourage you to submit his information as well sign the bottom of the Census Form including your contact information.  If you served in an attached unit to the 65th Infantry Regiment, you should also register yourself in our database.

If you do not have proof of 65th service (for example, your DD214 does not list your service with the 65th), we encourage you (or a family member) to fill out Form 180 (Request for Military Records) to receive copies of your military records from the National Personnel Records Center or visit their website at  http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/standard-form-180.html.  You can also visit your local Veterans Administration center and one of their representatives can help you fill out Form 180.  Fill out Form 180 with as much information as possible and include a copy of your DD214. It is important to write in the “Purpose” section of the Form 180 –Urgent! Need proof of 65th Infantry Regiment service.” Their goal is to fulfill urgent requests when possible. Mail Form 180 to: 

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63138

If you served with the Puerto Rico National Guard before you were activated to the 65th Inf. Regt, you should also send Form 180 to the following address:

PRNG-Joint Forces Headquarters
The Adjutant General’s Office
100 Gen. Esteves Street
San Juan, PR 00901-2104

Please submit Form 180 as soon as possible since it can take months to receive a response. You may receive a form letter stating that a 1973 fire destroyed about 80% of the Army’s records. But you may be one of the lucky ones. Sometimes they can find the documents that you are looking for. If you do receive a form letter, don’t let that deter you. Be persistent and call (314) 801-0800 to speak to their customer service staff and explain you need to have your request expedited to receive proof of 65th service. Good luck and don’t give up!

We also accept photos for our Borinqueneers Photo Gallery on our website and to publish in our newsletters but we require confirmation of 65th service with the submission of a Census Form and a copy of a DD214 (Discharge Papers) listing the 65th Infantry Regiment (or some other evidence such as photos or documents listing service with the 65th).  But please follow How To Submit Photos instructions here:


We will be happy to accept your photos but please follow these guidelines:

  • If you do not have access to a scanner, please send the original photo(s) to us and we will scan and return the original(s) to you. OR…
  • You may scan the photo(s) yourself in TIF or JPG format at 600 dpi (dots per inch) high-quality resolution and email them to us at contact@borinqueneers.com. If the file is too large to send by email OR if there are many photos, you can burn them to a CD or DVD and mail it to us. OR…
  • You can send us a COPY of the photo printed in pa hotographic paper by mail.  If you go to the Photo Department of your local pharmacy such as Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, etc., they can copy your photo(s) in photographic paper.

Please add a note with as much identifying information of the photos as you know. For example: the veteran’s complete name, date and place of birth, what approximate dates he served with the 65th (month and year), what company he was assigned to, what rank he was at the time of service with the 65th, and if applicable, date of death and your relationship to the veteran (son, etc.). If the veteran is a retiree, please state so and include the years of service (for example, 1940-1971), the total number of years served (for example, 21 years) and the final rank achieved.

Our preference of photos are in this order:

  1. archival photo of the time the veteran served with the 65th or in the Army in uniform
  2. archival photo in civilian clothes
  3. more recent photo if an archival photo is not available

Please mail the Census Form and photos to:

El Pozo Productions
3509 Fallbrook Drive
Kissimmee, FL  34759

Or email them at contact@borinqueneers.com

If you have questions or problems, please call us at (863) 547-8023.

©1999-2023 El Pozo Productions